Thursday, June 24, 2010

Confession

My family already knows that I like playing basketball on mini hoops and with a mini ball. My parents got a small indoor mini hoop one year for my little brother who was like 7 years old, but I think I played on that hoop in the family room more than anyone. I played on it through my high school years. I could hit any shot in the room :)

Another one of my favorite things, still, is to play on the real basketball hoop at my parents' house, but I like to lower it as far as it goes (7 1/2 ft.) and have a dunk-fest by myself.
When my family got together this Memorial Day, Kalli had her camera and I just happened to have a mini ball available, so we took some action shots.

I know this is lame to post pictures of myself dunking the ball, but I figured I would finally confess my childish hobby/talent.

Kalli knows how to make anything look good and she worked her magic making the hoop actually look pretty high (it's not). However, I have to say, if I was a foot taller, I would be getting paid to do this right now!






3 comments:

Calvin said...

it looks impressive to me, but we know that's not saying much..

p.s. Are you ready for next year? We should chat..

Jon Smith said...

You're the man Joel. I remember those days of you being able to make a shot anywhere in the room. It was almost hilarious how good you got with that little hoop and pretty much incredible. I'm glad you're keeping the dream alive by doing personal dunk contests. I'm definitely still keeping it alive by playing flag football on weekends with old married guys. I love it!

Lindsay said...

Those are AWESOME pictures!!!And HELLO JOEL!!! Who knew you had MAD DUNKING SKILLS!?! I just KNEW you were related to John Stockton! ;) SWEEEETT!!!!!