Thursday, March 3, 2011

3rd anniversary

We had such a fun anniversary, I wanted to do a little journal post to remember it.
We went to the SL Temple that morning to do sealings and then went to the Lion House Pantry for lunch.  I don't remember what we had but do remember it was gooooood. . 
I did a photo shoot up Big Cottonwood Canyon that evening so we stayed up there after and ate dinner and had a fire. 
This cave was right above our site, it was huge inside and totally freaky!  Joel went in, I did not. 
Joel started the fire while I took pics of rocks.



 We wanted to make things super low stress so we ran to the store at the mouth of the canyon and bought a bunch of easy stuff.  We cooked biscuits on roasting sticks, baked apples, roasted hot dogs, ate fizz candy,
 and popped our first jiffy pop!  yum. 
Joel, you are my favorite.  I love you.

5 comments:

baxtersrus said...

That looks fun! And the pics are amazing as always. I LOVE the mountains! and your camera catches the beauty well. I was wondering why you went up in the winter, then I remembered your anniversary is close to ours, not in the winter. A little late, huh? :) (okay, if you check out my blog you'll see I'm not doing much better) Love you guys!

baxtersrus said...

oh, and as I look back on the pics, it doesn't look like winter at all! silly me.

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad you guys had a fun time! That looks like it was a blast! And your pics always make me catch my breath.. even if it is just of rocks. ;) love you two!

julie and nick said...

gorgeous! and the canyons look nice too. :) I can't wait to get back up there again this summer.....hurry, hurry, hurry. I just love you two! Congrats on 3 years.

Madison Heaps Hensley said...

Lakki!! Can we make a fire and cook random stuff with you guys this summer? haha you cooked biscuits?!!! I love it! Maybe we could make tinfoil dinners eh? :D I think YES!