Sunday, September 19, 2010

July 4th, and 5th

*I've had this post saved as a "draft" for a couple months now, it's probably about time I post it.

I turned 25 this year. I told someone I was going through a quarter life crisis and they replied with something like "well yeah, if you live to be 100, which you probably won't so you're already past that". Umm thanks......After the reality of that sunk in I was fine lol.

We went boating in the morning with Lindsay, Brian, Brayden, Camryn, and Madi. It was lots of fun!
It was nice and sunny. Look at those sweet cheeks!
Brayden had fun driving the boat.
I tried wakeboarding for the first time.... yep....didn't go so well. check out my face in the second one. I was trying reeeelly hard to get up haha. (ok, for the record, I got up on my 1st try water skiing and rocked it. I also stink at snowboarding but picked up skiing really fast. I think it's the whole being propelled sideways thing that throws me off.)
Joel on the other hand did awesome (of course, right? he's a Smith)
Aww the birthday girl and her honey.
After boating we got Cafe Rio to go and ate it at the park. Yum! We are trying to be thrifty, but since I was playing the birthday card we also got Frozen Yogurt.

Joel already posted about the 4th, but I wanted to add these two pics that he didn't post.


4 comments:

richelle said...

Was that cute little boy really driving the boat??? They learn so much at a young age! Fun sparkler pics!!! Happy late birthday!

Lindsay said...

He sure was!!! ..just steering. That was a blast. Kalli, you must have natural talent since you got up the FIRST TIME! WAY TO GO!

The Fords said...

Happy Late, late Birthday! Glad you had so much fun on your birthday!

julie and nick said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! {again} the lake looks beautiful.

and, since we got to be the lucky sparkler models, I've got to get these pics from you to post on my blog.

love you!