Wednesday, April 14, 2010

How can you not love Disneyland

Well, it's been a few weeks, but I still want to post some pictures of our Disneyland trip with our friends, Kristen and Ian. We had such a fun time at the beach, Disneyland, and California Adventure. We did each in one day, so we weren't there for very long, but it was really fun. The weather couldn't have been better. I think it was about 75 to 80 degrees all three days!
Kalli and I hadn't been there in a long time and didn't remember much, so we were surprised how much we loved it. Everyone was happy, the place was amazingly clean, the rides were fun, and the atmosphere was just really cool! The only thing we could have done without were the parades that jammed up the park every hour. It was kind of funny how we dreaded those. We would see people starting to place blankets on the street..."oh no, here we go again". But it was a perfect trip to get away from school and work for a few days.

The beach was awesome. We didn't spend much time there, but it was so nice to just walk around in the water and take a nap on the warm sand.

We went to Santa Monica beach because we heard it was really nice. In the background of this picture you can see the Santa Monica Pier which I guess is pretty famous. While we were there, someone was shooting a scene for a movie on it, and we were watching a TV show last week and one of the scenes was on the pier. It was pretty cool with a carnival, restaurants, and a few crazy people!
here's a little video we took of all the people running down the pier for the movie they were shooting. There were tons of people!


Joel's never had so much junk in his trunk ;)

Classic
I realized I'm getting older (and wiser) after choosing to wear running shoes instead of "cute" shoes to Disney Land. Function before fashion?

This is one big lego animal!



We ate lunch at the Jazz Kitchen just outside of the park in Downtown Disney. We ate in the courtyard of the restaurant which was so nice. There was hardly anyone there, the weather was perfect, the water fountain and birds gave some nice mood sounds, and the food was delicious! This was one of my favorite parts of the trip, just having a nice, relaxing lunch with Kalli. Ahhh sweet! This was one of my favorite parts too! and their Parmesan fries were waaay good. yum.

Our picture from the buzz light year ride.

Elastagirl, get cha hand off ma man!


I took almost 24,000 steps the day we went to Disney Land! My feet were glad I wore comfy shoes.


There was definitely some "California Screamin" going on! (my favorite ride) lol I love everyone's faces in this

We definitely saw our share of 3D movies. I think this one was the best however. The Bug's Life underground theater was awesome. And the show seemed to be a kid's show, but the effects were crazy! They sprayed us with a mist that engulfed us so fast, I thought I was going to suffocate. They gave us a bee sting where something came out of the bench and poked us (kind of hurt and scared the crud out of everyone!). Then the bugs crawling under our behinds was a little creepy. That was one of the last things we did, but I kind of wanted to do it again!

California Adventure was sweet at night (a lot better than our small camera shows) (I was totally lazy and wouldn't use my big camera. I didn't want to haul it around with me...Joel told me I'd regret it and I totally did)

Well, until next time(you mean next year?;) "happiest place on earth"!!
*kalli's comments in green

6 comments:

kallina said...

Nice post Joel! :) xo

Emily said...

Looks like a fantastic time! Glad you had a nice vaca.

richelle said...

Disneyland is great for kids of all ages... Glad you had fun!

julie and nick said...

so much fun. I love the pictures from the rides... and I did notice the scores from buzz lightyear :) We love the buzz lightyear ride! And, where are those lego displays? Cole would love to see those. Maybe one day we can all go there together - even crazy bonus boys become little angels at the happiest place on earth.

Lindsay said...

That's an adorable little place that you ate lunch! Mmmm... Parmesan fries sound so good, too! So glad you guys had such a fun time!

kallina said...

THanks guys! it was a blast!
Hey Julie! we saw the lego stuff at the Lego store at "down town disney" outside the park. They had a bunch of cute stores and restaurants. We'd love to go again! That would be fun to go with everyone.