Monday, January 18, 2010

Chirstmas 2009

Christmas is always my favorite time of year. Of course, when I was a kid I just wanted presents, but as I grew up I started to love the feeling of the season, giving gifts, being with family, and of course the snow!

This year was a perfect combination of all the good. It was fun going to the "old-fashion" tree lot to pick out a tree, just me and Kalli. And bringing it home and decorating it with all our hand-me-down ornaments and decorations. We decided we're going to have to take turns each year choosing a tree because Kalli loves the small, scraggly trees (this year), and I like the big, bushy ones. Maybe we can get both if we get a house soon!

We had great company again this year. All of Kalli's family lives in the area and my sister, Julie, came from Arizona with her family for a couple weeks. The only ones missing were Jon and Melissa from Washington, DC. While we always miss them, we enjoyed spending time with everyone else watching movies, playing games, eating good food, and just hanging out, having a good time!

And I can't forget to mention the snow!! We were blessed with some wonderful white stuff this Christmas break. We always have tons of fun at the Smith's house playing in the backyard, sledding, skiing, snowboarding, and riding around on and behind the four-wheeler. It wouldn't be a Smith get-together if we didn't play in the snow and build jumps and box-hits (a plastic box to ski and snowboard on).

We planned on having fun at the Heaps cabin for New Year's Eve, but the first night we were there (New Year's Eve) I got the stomach flu which definitely ruined me and Kalli's weekend (and probably everyone else's). We ended up going home the next day when I finally felt good enough to make the trip down the canyon.

So besides that little incident we had a great Christmas!! We hope you all had fun too. Here are a bunch of random pictures from the couple weeks' festivities.

We started off the season making a Christmas card. We had fun taking pictures for it!


Not the biggest tree in the world!


Kalli's "cute little tree"




Don't judge me. She wanted that pot.


The monstrous Heaps' tree is always a sight to see on Christmas morning!



His fuzzy pj's were the best!


Madi, the cup-cake queen.



Yeah, we finally have night-stands so I don't have to use the non-level kitchen chair anymore.


The 65-inch live fireplace was a nice touch to set the mood.


So much fun!!



Extreme Eric wanted me to build a jump for the disk sled. He and Cole were lovin' it!




Jensen and Drew got in on the jumping action too.


Still jumping at dusk.


We're serious about this stuff - Julie and Ella are all business :)


I love the snow everywhere. Couldn't be more pretty!!



Love this picture. (sweet 80's get-ups girls)


I had to include the chopper. We had about 4 of these flying around on Christmas at the Smith's.




The kiddies love the train.

2 comments:

The Hansen Family said...

I LOVE your Christmas tree! It's so super cute! And I love all of your pictures! They're all professional... ahh, a beautiful Christmas. :)
P.S. You didn't ruin New Years for anyone, Joel! We felt so bad that you were so sick! I'm glad it was only a 24 hr bug... you poor thing!

julie and nick said...

I love your Christmas Tree too! Such a great Christmas! Thanks for the amazing snow fun. We loved hanging out with you guys. We need to move back quick so we can purchase some up-to-date snow clothes if I'm gonna be seen in that many pictures! (keeping warm is the priority) and I'll take the humiliation if I can be outside playing too. Great memories! love you guys.